Muskego's Country Christmas
Saturday, November 22, 2014
At last year's Country Christmas, we celebrated the City of Muskego’s 50th Christmas! The Muskego Chamber of Commerce and business community were privileged to follow up the Kickoff Celebration with Country Christmas 2013.
Over 25 years ago Muskego began its Christmas Celebrations. In 2003, the event relocated to the Muskego Historical Settlement Centre and was called “Treasure the Holidays.” After several successful years, it became an established tradition in Muskego.
In 2008, our Christmas event went through “remodel”. The result was a new name and logo: Muskego’s Country Christmas; a Christmas parade; and, a new line up of holiday music, activities, and food. The crowd continues to grow and 2013 saw our largest attendance yet—between 2,500 and 3,000 individuals.
Muskego’s Country Christmas is usually the Saturday prior to Thanksgiving and you are encouraged you to set aside that date to join us for the 2014 festivities. Our parade begins at 1:00 p.m. with Christmas activities following (including a mascot race and tree lighting ceremony) at the Muskego Settlement Centre from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Train and hay wagon rides for a small fee
- All through the celebration, plenty of food is be available - from snacks and treats to substantial sandwiches
- Historical talks focus on old Muskego in the Wollman House
- Puppet show and “Live Nativity” all performed by Muskego Apostolic Tabernacle
- Candy Shoppe and Coffeehouse
- Donate cash or food to the Food Pantry at the Cider Tent and receive a delicious cup of hot cider to keep you feeling warm all over.
The merriment concludes with tree lighting at 4:45 p.m.
AT A GLANCE
WHAT: Muskego's Country Christmas
WHEN: 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday prior to Thanksgiving
WHERE: Muskego Settlement Center, S8074 Racine Ave., with a 1 p.m. parade down Pioneer Drive from Janesville to the Settlement Centre