We are a small accounting and tax firm that is growing and we are looking for an awesome, detail oriented individual! We want a team member good with numbers and task management to grow with us!
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record monthly financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Bring books to the trial balance stage.
- Enter data, maintain records and financial statements.
- Process payroll.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Verify that all transactions for each company are recorded and all accounts are reconciled.
- Record fixed assets and depreciate them.
- Work with clients to get necessary documentation to complete the posting process.
- Prepare and complete data entry in tax software for business clients of all types.
- Customer service orientation.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles (including fixed assets and depreciation).
- Ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and QBO.
- Tax knowledge a plus
- High school or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelors in Accounting (preferred)
- Payroll: 2 years (preferred)
- Bookkeeping experience: 2 years (preferred)
- 9 AM to 4 PM Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with possibility to increase