The Billing clerk is responsible for verifying 3rd party invoices, ensuring accuracy throughout transportation documents, and issuing billing. The Billing clerk will act as a driving force in providing a proactive safety culture while providing quality service to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Invoice local and OTR orders.
Update payment posted in TMW and/or Atlas system.
Approve 3rd party invoicing.
General office duties and other duties as assigned.
Maintain close communication with customers, sales personnel, and operations.
Maintain accurate customer contracts.
Audit accounts where there is a payment discrepancy.
Organizing and preparing paperwork for invoicing customers via spreadsheets
Reconciling and processing customer invoices accurately and in a timely manner
Researching, reporting on, and resolving billing discrepancies in accordance with company goals and objectives
Communicating with customers as needed to facilitate proper resolution of invoicing and payment discrepancies
· Communicate errors to ensure corrective actions are identified and implemented.
· Escalate recurring issues to management.
· Provide performance-based self-evaluation to management for annual evaluations.
· Attend meetings as required and communicate relevant topics to the team.
· Lead by example through maintaining a professional and positive attitude.
· Attend facility safety meetings and training sessions.
· Recognize and abate hazards to drive the promotion of AW2's safety program.
· Report all near misses, safety incidents, accidents, and employee injuries per established procedures.
Report customer complaints following the established reporting criteria.
Respond to customer escalations and complaints to quickly resolve service issues.
Responsible for participating in quality audits and complying with all established quality procedures.
Participate in physical inventory counting as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Some College experience preferred.
3-5 years of billing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Commitment to safety as demonstrated through previous work.
· Personal accountability with a customer-focused sense of urgency.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills; possess good phone and email etiquette.
· Experience working in a team environment.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Positive can-do attitude and good work ethic.
· Good organizational skills; ability to multitask; demonstrate flexibility.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Ability to stand, sit, bend, pivot, and lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
· Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English proficiently.
· Excellent attendance history.
· Willing to work flexible hours and weekends as required.
It is the policy of Ace Worldwide Group of Companies and all of it's entities not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination. This company further agrees to take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities.