Customer Service Representative
Doors are opening to a new career, at NABCO Entrances, Inc.
About NABCO Entrances, Inc.
NABCO ENTRANCES manufactures superior quality Gyro Tech brand automatic sliding doors, manual sliding doors, automatic swinging doors, manual swing doors, door conversion units, fire doors, bi-fold doors, activating devices for automated pedestrian doors and specialty doors that are distributed throughout North America. NABCO ENTRANCES is renowned for cutting edge technology backed by dependable service creating viable solutions for the challenges faced in today's commercial environment.
In 1971, Gyro Tech changed the automatic door industry by pioneering the first electromechanical operator. Since then, NABCO Entrances has been dedicated to being the premier supplier of quality entrance system products that meet growing pedestrian needs, and the needs of retail stores, hospitals, schools, restaurants and other commercial and industrial institutions throughout North America.
NABCO openly encourages creative teamwork among employees, management and its independent distributors in order to continually provide timely and effective solutions through the on-going development of a prompt delivery system, shorter lead-times, and the development of new products in response to market needs.
Responsible for acting as a liaison between the customers and NABCO. Assists with complaints, orders, errors, account questions, billing, cancellations and other queries.
- Determine customer needs and resolve issues or complaints via phone, email, or letter.
- Enters and expedites orders.
- Greet customers warmly and ascertain problem or reason for calling.
- Share customer feedback and requests with manager.
- Identifies areas of improvement to retain customers, reduce expenses, and increase quality.
- Communicates with customers, dealers, and sales representatives to determine the service and scheduling needs of the customers.
- Generates service calls within the computer program recording the type and scope of work to be performed.
- Coordinate technicians according to customer requests, determine schedules, assign technician workloads, dispatch workers to the job, and update service information within the dispatch system.
- Assist in project management duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of/proficiency in standard business software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills--both verbally and in writing
- Strong conflict resolution, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Must be collaborative and team oriented
- Ability to prioritize and meet goals/deadlines
- Must have a customer focus and remain calm, patient, and courteous even when under pressure or dealing with a difficult customer
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn an industry specific software system
Education, Training, Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College Degree preferred
- Project management and inventory control experience a plus
- Experience in construction or manufacturing industries preferred
- 2 or more years related customer service experience required
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Sedentary work is performed inside, with little to no exposure to weather conditions.
Benefits at NABCO Entrances, Inc.
We offer a highly competitive benefits package, including: paid vacation / holiday / sick time, employer matching 401(k) plan, health, dental and vision insurance, plus 100% employer paid Life, STD and LTD.
Like NABCO Entrances, Inc. on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/NABCOEntrances/
Follow NABCO Entrances, Inc. on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/nabco-entrances
NABCO Entrances, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.