Product Design Specialist - SignScape
Job Summary: Provide product drawings, illustrations, bill of materials, and specifications for custom and standard signage products.
- Create custom illustrations and drawings for SignScape.
- Works directly with sales and product management to create product drawings and control specifications
- Assist in product design and part verification
- Verify that product designs are within our manufacturing capabilities
- Maintain master drawings
- Ensure that drawing and specifications are accurate
- Stay current with illustration software and design tools
- Research materials and components to optimize design
- Act as a liaison between manufacturing and sales regarding product development
- Proficient working knowledge of Solidworks, and illustration software including Corel
- Basic typography knowledge and experience.
- The ability to read and understand part drawings, tolerances and blueprints.
- Complete understanding of manufacturing capabilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow through on completion
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Minimum 2 years of technical college and 5 years of product design experience
- Report directly to Supervisor, SignScape Division
- Works closely with product managers, manufacturing, sales departments
Office Equipment Software:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office utilizing Word, Excel.
- Experience with Solidworks and illustration software
- Update and maintain master drawings
- Complete custom illustrations and drawings for SignScape