Advocacy for Local Business
Local chambers collaborate and partner with each other and the state chamber to advocate for business. We focus on the following:
- Economic Development: The Chamber partners with local government to identify and leverage opportunities for economic development within our service area.
- Legislation Updates: We work with chambers across the state of Wisconsin to advocate for legislation that benefits and supports local business. The Chamber office updates members on a variety of legislative information.
Business Promotions Within the Community
Our goal is to promote and increase awareness of the local business community while building strong connections within the community-at-large. We offer the following benefits.
- Business Directory: All Chamber members receive a basic directory page on the Chamber's website. Enhanced packages offering website banner ads and prime directory placement are available for additional price.
- Business to Consumer: Members may post hot deals and business events on our website.
- Community Guide & Map: We distribute an annual, professionally made publication in hard copy and digital. It promotes business members and the community to citizens, new homeowners, and visitors. Business listing is free with basic membership package; paid advertisement is also available.
- New Resident Welcome Packets: We prepare welcome packets offering business members' swag and information to new homeowners.
- Ribbon Cutting & Ground Breaking Ceremonies: We help new or newly remodeled businesses celebrate and market these exciting moments.
- Social Media Business Awareness: Business members' social media posts are shared to increase audience awareness on our business activities.
- Visitor Display Area: The Chamber office is open to the public Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (except on Holidays and during Chamber events). Our display area holds members' brochures and business cards.
Member Engagement Opportunities
We support members by addressing business needs and sharing their achievements and success stories.
- Business After Hours: Members may host an evening, social networking event on location or at a local restaurant. These are held nine months during the year.
- Business to Business Member Deals: Members may offer deals and discounts to other Chamber members. We support and promote Buy Chamber and Shop Local.
- Business Spotlights & News: Through online and printed opportunities, we spotlight members by telling their stories. We also help distribute press releases and newsworthy items.
- Chamber Committees: Members are encouraged to volunteer on one or more of these committees:
- Ambassador Team
- Economic Development
- Education & Mentoring
- Festival & Parade
- Membership Growth
- Small Business Council
- Women's Business Connections
- Community Events: We organize community events where members can sponsor, donate, volunteer, and participate. These offer opportunities to connect with citizens and other business members.
- Direct Mailing Discount: Members may use the Chamber's bulk mail permit to save costs on direct mailing.
- Networking Lunches: We organize a once-a-month business luncheon where Chamber members may network and receive educational or business-oriented information.
- Office Services: The Chamber office offers the following membership benefits:
- Certificate of Origin Stamp/Signature
- Chamber Benefits 101 Classes
- Chamber Newsletter (twice a month)
- Copier Use ($.05 per B&W; $.25 per Color)
- Notary Service
The Chamber develops strategies and works with local entities such as the school district and local technical colleges to address workforce shortage and training. We encourage members to participate in the following activities.
- Career Exploration Days: Through the Muskego High School Connect Academy, business partners may participate and engage with students in various career days.
- Mentoring Lunches: Business partners gather with high school students to simulate a networking lunch and discuss career opportunities.
- Mock Interviews: Business partners volunteer to help simulate real life interviews with high school students.